Thursday, May 8, 2008

PC for Josine =)

I'm so proud of my sister, Josine. She finished her first year in college with good grades. I really appreciate her understanding while I'm still "feeling" the responsibility of being like a parent to her after our mom died.

She understands that I still have fears and uncertainties in making decisions for us since I'm the eldest but I'm afraid to admit that to her and my brother. It won't make things better or any easier at all, since I need their help. I need their help so I can understand them and their needs, I'd know what I have to do.

I saw her efforts in getting good grades. I saw her sleep late just so she could study well for her exams. I saw her saving money so that she didn't have to ask more money from me. I also learned that she would budget her allowance so that she can go to the internet cafe and do her projects without asking for additional allowance.

Seeing her sacrifices, I feel she deserves to have a PC that will make her school life a lot easier. Last semester, she had 5 papers to do. I got worried thinking she would have to be out late, unsafe, in a cafe to finish her paper. I think she deserves this one thing that I know will be useful in her studies.

Tadah!! A desktop PC, well, this is not the exact model, but close to this. =D

With the help of our dad, I was able to purchase a desktop PC for her. I asked my friends to help me fill it with applications that will be useful in her papers, book reports, projects, etc. Thanks to them, it has now become an amazing tool for learning.

Of course, I decided to have games in it as well - WORD GAMES, my favorite! And at the top of my list.. (drumroll)

Bookworm Deluxe!! Woohoo!!

Josine is now spending most of her remaining days of summer vacation trying to beat my score. (Applause! Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!)

Hopefully, she'll start exploring the Microsoft Office applications soon, so she can use them with ease once the need arise... hehehe

No comments: