Tuesday, February 5, 2008

i thought wrong

When I was younger, I thought my friends and I would handle relationships, emotions and heartbreaks better than we were handling them then.

Nine years later, I find myself sitting across one of my high school friends, comforting him, giving him hope that things will be better after a confusing separation with the girl whom he thought he will spend the rest of his life with.

Plans, dreams, romantic nights, wonderful sleeps with that person -- all going down the drain. Suddenly, things just doesn't seem to make sense anymore. You're left wondering what went wrong. "Was everything that we have just that easy to let go?" "I thought we meant something."

Those questions that really only give you reasons to doubt yourself if you'll ever find love -- lasting love...

In the end, I realised we are still the same through the years, we remain the same. We love, we get hurt, we hope and love again.. Hmm, sounds like a vicious cycle to me, but it's something that I believe we all must go through because I know, in the end, we will find that person meant for us -- despite the pain we go through, tears cried, other people whom we thought will be with us --- someone is at the end of this cycle, ready to take us -- flaws and all -- start anew and build your dreams and turn them into a reality..

I thought, when my friends and I are older, we'll handle such feelings with calm and composure -- will never shed a tear and handle our emotions with "maturity".. I thought wrong.. we remain the same, yet better. I remain the same, but now, happier. =D

No comments: