Wednesday, June 24, 2009

totally random stuff

I’ve not been feeling well since yesterday. I thought it was just because I’ve been lacking sleep for the past week, so I tried to get as much sleep as I could over the weekend but it got worse. I found that it’s PMS and acid peptic disease combined. Greeeat! I need to feel better tonight, I don’t want to be absent from work tomorrow. I badly needed to improve my metrics since I now feel the need to find better opportunities in the office. What with Vayie and Tin leaving, reality is starting to sink in. I am happy that I am still under Mitch’s supervision. She may not be the perfect supervisor but at least, I can be open with her about any work-related concerns. I just don’t want to wait for the time when I will have to deal with another drastic change – a new team or a new supervisor (worse, a new schedule) which can be stressful on my part since I like making plans.

Our team had our picture taken today with Tetay as our willing photographer. I don’t know what that’s for nor do I care. I’m just being a good follower and I hope it’s enough for them. No one's forcing me to get along with my new teammates. I know they are a good bunch but I really take a lot of time to warm up to people so I hope no one’s going to force the issue.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Ever since Vayie left, I’ve been seating on the ATO Reactive bay. It’s my little way of dealing with the sadness – being with Tetay, Khim and Tin – makes me feel a little less sad every day. I’m thankful that Mitch does not mind me staying there. I really feel the need to stay around people close to me, to keep me from “being insane”, to still give me enough reason to stay. I also found a less reason to dislike J since she has not made an issue about me staying in their bay.

Being with Tetay and Khim (since Tin has already left the company) brings great comfort. I don’t feel the need to always talk to them. Their presence and even their silence are enough reason to make me look forward to come work everyday. It’s also nice to listen to their stories without the need to always “react” without the fear of being misinterpreted. I just love being around them!

However, Mitch asked us yesterday to sit by the bay near her station. I don’t mind, so long as I can be with Tetay and Khim almost every day. Cacai also started hanging out with us more often than usual since she’s so gaga over their wedding preparations. She’s almost close to deciding what theme their wedding will revolve around and I think we’re doing a fine job helping her out. =)

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Last Friday, June 19th, I got a call from my college professor. I was so surprised to get an offer from her – a full-time teaching job in a college in Quezon City. Oh, how I would love to have that job, but I couldn’t accept the offer (they needed confirmation the same day) since there are so many things to consider before leaving the company. With a heavy heart, I had to turn the offer down. I didn’t even have the courage to ask for the details (compensation, benefits, schedule, etc.) because I’m afraid. Yes, I am afraid. Call me a coward, but I still don’t have the guts to take the risk or to make a change – not now, not yet.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

I just finished reading the Twilight Saga for the fourth time. I also started reading another book (e-book) about vampires, entitled, “Dead Until Dark”, the first of the seven books about the life and love (?) of Sookie Stackhouse with a vampire.

The ability to read minds was shown to be a blessing and a curse in these books. I often wonder how this power can affect the relationships I have with the people in my life and around me. If I ask my friends this question:

If I were able to read your thoughts about me, do you think I would still want you to be my friend?


Would I get comforting answers? Would I get an HONESTanswer? Would I find the answers unsettling that I will start doubting the friendship I share with the people I consider special in my life?

Maybe that’s why God didn’t give all of us that power because there are some things better left unsaid. I think, we all managed to be happy at some point in our lives on a need-to-know basis. We can never truly measure a person’s love based on honesty alone. Of course, I don’t like the thought of being lied to. In spite of the fact that we can never be 100% sure that a person has been really truthful in a certain situation, we still find it in our hearts to take a person’s word as truth at a particular moment, because in the end, what matters most is the trust that we have for that person and the faith we have for the relationship we have for them.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

You should try reading Charlaine Harris’ Sookie Stackhouse novels. The plot is interesting but beware Twilight fans, you might find the vampire in the story not as endearing as our beloved Edward. Bill, the vampire/love(?) interest of Sookie, can sort of give you the impression that he is, um, horny and a little rough (ends up biting Sookie when he’s coming). This is to prevent yourselves from being disappointed. I was, at first, and the “vulgar” words can be overwhelming, most especially when you still have a hang-over from Edward’s sweet nothings to Bella.

I think it’s more action-packed and sexual than romantic but it’s alright. The book caught my attention and that’s a start.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+


You should try Andok’s soft ice cream. It’s yummy and it doesn’t have the “medicine” after-taste. Khim made me try it and I’m glad she did, because the ice cream made me happy. Ha!

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Tetay, Tin, Khim and I decided to hold a mid-year wish list party (before Tin left the company). We will call it the Anti-Resignation Mid-year Wish List Party. Our traditional wish list party usually takes place before Christmas but since we’ll never know who will be leaving the company next, we think it’s appropriate to find time to spend time together while we are still in touch with one another.

I know Revo, Dahl, Resty, Spawn and Joel would love to spend time with us again, but it’s understandable why they can’t attend our gatherings because of their respective lives and jobs. That is why we feel the urgency to have this special party. I have yet to think of the details to make this wish list more special. Hopefully, I’ll finish this before the end of the month.


No comments: