Friday, April 10, 2009

alone but not lonely, maybe unhappy

Today must be one of those days when I have little patience for some people around me here in the office. I am unhappy and pressured. These feelings are overwhelming.

I'm unhappy -- because of some people at work. I am blessed to be part of a team that is composed of people who are friendly and helpful. I mean they are wonderful - period. BUT there are some people who can be really annoying. They think they're funny and entertaining but they're NOT. They're just a bunch of nuisance who think they are making other people's lives at work better.

I don't like working in a noisy environment. I hate idle talks. I don't like people who likes having conversations with others just for the sake of having a conversation.

The pressure at work is not making me any happier and is leaving me with a feeling of being stuck with something I have no control over. I want to be an asset to the team. They may not be my friends, they may not understand or know where I'm coming from, but I still want to contribute to the success of the team. That desire does add to the pressure. I try not to let that get to me but it does. It's hard when you are not working with people who you consider your good friends.

As a spectator, you may see me as too attached or sentimental at some point. It seems I am not handling this change in a mature kind of way. It's been 5 months since I was transferred to a different queue but the feeling of protest has not changed. I may have accepted the fact that I am no longer part of the team that I care so much about but somehow, my heart screams for justice. I know my presence (along with Vayie's and Khim's) will forever haunt those people responsible for this unjust action. The joy and satisfaction they find in making lives miserable will soon eat their souls empty and left with nothing. Their idea of respect from other people will remain an idea or an imagination.

I know I should've moved on. Whenever I feel unhappy about work, I shouldn't blame those people who put me here. I KNOW THAT! Then, again, today is ONE of those days and I will not deprive myself of this kind of therapy. If this will make me feel a little bit better, then I will indulge in this moment.

In the first place, I wouldn't be here if not for them. I didn't have to fight back if they just chose to let us be. I wouldn't have to be around annoying people most of the time if I was still with Uno Animo. If not for them, I would still have the chance to be silent without being misunderstood or misinterpreted.

I'm not saying that I will never like the people that I now work with. I'm just saying that it will take some time before I'll get used to their personalities and vice-versa. I don't feel superior/inferior when I'm with them. I just love being with myself MOST of the time.

No comments: