Friday, August 22, 2008

favorite quotes

"When you know better, you do better." - Maia Angelou

"Life is a series of pulls back and forth. You want to do one thing, but you are bound to do something else. Something hurts you, yet you know it shouldn't. You take certain things for granted, even when you know you should never take anything for granted." - Morrie, Tuesdays with Morrie

I barely know you. I don't know your dad's first name, I don't know if you ever wore braces, or contacts, or glasses and I have no idea how you came to be a wedding planner, Mary. But I do know the curves of your face. And I know every fleck of gold in your eyes. I know that the night at the park was the best time I've ever had. - Steve (Matthew McConnaughey), The Wedding Planner

"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Chamber of Secrets

"We can do no great things; only small things with great love." -Mother Teresa

"Love means never having to say you're sorry." -Jenny Cavilleri to Oliver Barrett IV, Erich Segal's LOVE STORY

"Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worse kind of suffering.” - Paulo Coelho

"You have to take risks. We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen.” - Paulo Coelho

"The moment of that kiss contained every happy moment I had ever lived.” - Paulo Coelho

"When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” - Paulo Coelho

“One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.” - Paulo Coelho

"Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." -Paulo Coelho

"I think that when we look for love courageously, it reveals itself, and we wind up attracting even more love. If one person really wants us, everyone does. But if we're alone, we become even more alone. Life is strange.” - Paulo Coelho

2 comments:

[vayie] said...

“One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.” - Paulo Coelho

So true.

jen ieni said...

When I read this, hindi na ako nagtatanong kay Ceasar kung bakit niya ako mahal. =P

Dati kasi kinukulit ko siya, asking him to give me ten reasons why he loves me and he could only come up with one, "Tanong mo sa buwan". Baliw!!