Sunday, January 14, 2007

2nd Rest Day...NO REST AT ALL

Saturday... my temples are throbbing, I'm awake but my eyes are still aching for another couple of hours of sleep. But I need to start my day ASAP so I can sleep early that night.

ITINERARY FOR SATURDAY:

1. Go to Recto, get the books that I ordered. (Sybil and Sidney Sheldon's Are You Afraid of the Dark?)
2. Go to Timog for my appointment with my Dermatologist
3. Drop by at National Bookstore to file for the renewal of my Laking National Card. (true!)
4. Grocery! Grocery! Grocery! (Yipee!!)

(oh, I almost forgot.. Have lunch?! hehe)

Arrived in Recto around 11.30am, can't wait to see MY books. I know, a lot of people don't share my passion for these wonderful wonders but buying books is one of the reasons why I am always anxious to get my salary. This time, it's Sybil, one book that I know is no longer reprinted. I bought this book for P300. Before it was for sale for P600 and this is a second-hand book. I had to beg Myrna (bookseller) to make it cheaper someday, since lagi naman akong bumibili sa kanya. (Ung 4 kong Harry Potter Hardbound books, sa kanya ko binili at P500 each and other great novels)Guess, I have proven my worth to get this for 300 smackaroos.

**sidetrip -- "Sybil" is a book about a woman named Sybil who has 13 personalities. I haven't read this one, but when I read the Table of Contents of this book, it sent chills deep down. There's a chapter describing the hierarchy of the "selves", their birth and history. (**will tell you more about it soon.)
This is a true story.

I also bought a brand new Sidney Sheldon's "Are you Afraid of the Dark?" for P250. I am so excited because the last time I bought a Sidney Sheldon book was last October, my dream novel, Sands of Time; this book is said to be used by professors in psychology classes today. (Curiosity got the better of me, so I bought it.)

I missed my appointment with my dermatologist, since I need to be at home by 4pm (para sa Wish ko lang. Heheheh, kaya sa susunod na sweldo na lang. c",)) So I just went straight to SM North Edsa to have my Laking NAtional Card (LNC) renewed and buy food.

Had lunch at 3.30pm. Grabe, hilong-hilo na ko.

Went home, read "The Summons" and cried my heart out watching "Wish Ko Lang" Waaaah!! Nakakabilib ang mga bata... Ang lalim na ng pagmamalasakit sa pamilya, kahit para sa kanila na ang bagay na natatanggap nila, ibinabahagi pa rin nila. Haaay.

:'c

No comments: